History

History:

The United Parish of Winchendon was formed in 1970 and unites the following historic churches:

1.  The North Congregational Church (1843) is a descendant of the parent First Congregational Church in Old Centre. It became the United Church of Christ in 1961.

2.  The first Methodist Church was established in 1807.  After a long and active life as the First Methodist Episcopal Church, it became the United Methodist Church in 1968.

3.  At one time Winchendon had two Baptist churches.  The first was located in New Boston (1811).  Winchendon Village Baptist Church was organized in 1848.  The name was officially changed to the First Baptist Church of Winchendon in 1896.

The United Parish was incorporated in 1979 and is recognized as a 501 (c)(3) Tax exempt, Non Profit Religious Organization.

Contents © 2020 United Parish of Winchendon • Church Website Builder by mychurchwebsite.netPrivacy Policy